jblair1979, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ford ASSET graduate, 1st in my class, 2001, ASE car, truck, and medium heavy duty Master technician

1994 ford aerostar brake light and abs light on dashboard

HowdyCustomer I have some ideas, but i could use more info. Did the lights come on right after the stop light switch was replaced? Where was the switch tht you had replaced? thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The brake light and rear abs lights came on about an hour drive time after I replaced the Stop light switch! The Ford dealer replaced the switch not sure where it was. I thought it was under the dashboard. Thanks for your help on this!
Okay, i would start with checking the fuses. Do your brake lights come on, when brake pedal applied? Check your master cylinder, there will be a switch/sensor on it. Check to see if it is covered in brake fluid, or if it looks melted, or burned. Also down on the brake pedal there should be the brake light switch, check to see that it is plugged in, and attached to the brake pedal. The red brake light that comes on in the dash, could be from low fluid in the master cylinder. The yelllow abs light could come on with a blown fuse, a bad speed sensor, these 2 are the most common, but of course there are other possibilities. The fuses to check would be #1, 15 amp, light blue, #5 15 amp, light blue, and #7 20 amp, yellow. Check these out, and let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am going to take this problem to the Ford dealer that replaced the stop light switch. What should I do to make sure these things are checked?

You could print this out and take it to them, but short of standing there to watch them.....

If i have helped you, please accept my answer so I can get paid. Also if you need any further help, I am here until you get it fixed. Thanks,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you! I am happy to accept your help! I will let you know how it goes! Take care and thanks again for your time!
Glad to do it! I will look forward to see how it goes, thanks again!