Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist

1998 ford taurus se: keeps going..shake..bump in the road..comes back

1998 ford taurus se blower motor relay keeps going out, with a good relay somtimes the blower motor will not turn on. I will shake everything under the hood nothing will turn it on. But soon as I shut the hood no matter how hard or easy,or if I hit a bump in the road it comes back on. Once its on it stays on. This has been going on for 2 years. Is it the resistor (if so where is it located) or is it something else?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

It sounds like you might have a connection issue at the blower motor or the blower motor resistor. I would check the connections on both. Wiggle the connectors with the blower running.I would also remove the resistor and inspect it for any signs of corrosion or loose solder joints on the resistors. Both items are located under the instrument panel on the passenger side of the vehicle. See attachments below for instructions/locations.