Chuck, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  33 Years Experience,Ford Senior Master,ASE Master,L1 Advanced Engine Performance

My 98 F150 keeps blowing fuses. My wipers dont work. I have

My 98 F150 keeps blowing fuses. My wipers don't work. I have disconnected the wiper motor and relay switch and am still blowing wiper fuse. HELP!
Which fuse is it blowing?Is it fuse no.11 (30amp) in the under dash fuse panel?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Am I understanding you correctly you can disconnect the wiper motor and fuse still blows? and which relay have you disconnected?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes. Disconnected motor, fuses still blows. As for the relay, in our owner's manual it shows us fuse #3 is W/S/W Hi/Lo; #4 W/S/W Run/Park; #5 is Washer Pump. I disconnected fuse #5 - washer pumo.

Here is the complete wiring schematic for your system.

You have 3 relays so you will need to disconnect all 3 to see if fuse stills blows to try and isolate the shorted circuit.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where are these located? Under hood or under dash in passenger compartment?

The relays would be in the under hood fuse panel.

Just disconnect all 3 and see if short goes away and if it does hook each one back in one at a time and see which one causes the short. Then we can try and isolate the circuits.

Do you have a circuit breaker you can use in place of the fuse so you won't go broke replacing fuses? Do you have a couple of jumper wires? do you have a test light or voltmeter?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes I do have a circuit breaker and I do have a voltmeter. Let me try this and I'll get back with you shortly. I appreciate your help here.

Sounds good

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Had all three fuses out , put a new fuse into #11 the passenger fuse block (this is the one that keeps blowing) turned the key on and #11 popped. Again - all three fuses on the engine block were out - the wiper switch on the turn signal was NOT on.

Ok then the white and black wire is most likely chaffed somewhere and touching ground. First go to connector C158 see it on the right side near top of this pic

Here is a pic of the connector

The wire you are looking for is pin 38 circuit 950.

You should be able to remove all the relays then take your voltmeter or get you like a headlight bulb or a turn signal bulb. This would work best. Take a couple of jumper wires and hook one end to one side of the bulb then to the battery positive cable,then hook another jumper wire to the other side of the bulb and then hook it to the non power side of the fuse(the side that feeds the wipers). If it lights you have a short to ground. If it does light then go to this connector and disconnect it and see if the bulb goes out. If it does then you problem is after this connector if it doesn't then it is between fuse panel and the connector. Or you can use your meter and hook positive to battery power and ground to the blk/w wire and see if you have power with the connector C158 unhooked.

If you use your meter you have to have a fuse or circuit breaker in the fuse panel so you have power on the circuit though.