John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

how often does the pcm go on a 2000 ford taurus ses should

Customer Question

how often does the pcm go on a 2000 ford taurus ses? should I start with the cps?
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 7 years ago.

Hello, I am John, a Ford dealer technician.

I hope I can help solve your problem quickly and accruately.

I'm sorry but I need some more info on what is going on to help you. What is wrong with the pcm? What code are you receiving? What sensor are you referring to with the cps? The cam position sensor? Did you get a code for this? The more detailed of a description you can give the better I can assist.

Thanks,

JustAnswer Expert

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a p0340 code that arrived yesterday, the car ran a little rough, seemed as it was going to stall. I know cold weather might affect it and from sitting for a coupe of days. I had looked online and it states that a cam postion sensor, pcm or a broken circut. I dont want to throw good money away if the problem does not get solved. I also do not want to play darts at the problem as well.
Expert:  John Mc replied 7 years ago.

It is very, very common fo the cam position sensor to cause this code. This is located directly below the throttle body. When you remove the sensor make sure the piece that turns under the sensor does not look damaged. This is the cam syncronizer. It is very common for this to get damaged from the pieces of the cam sensor. If so you will need to replace both parts.

If this answer has been helpful please accept so I can recieve payment. Feedback is very

important to me so please leave accurate feedback for others to see my job performance.

Thank you,

JustAnswer Expert