Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

how do you remove a fuel filter on a 1995 Ford F150 with a

how do you remove a fuel filter on a 1995 Ford F150 with a 4.9L six cylinder

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

To remove the fuel filter you will need the fuel line release tool. Once you have the safety clips popped of insert the tool in the fitting and push the line on the filter while pushing the tool into the fitting. Then pull on the line and it comes right off. You can get the tool in the help section of any parts store.

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
will the fuel line be under pressure and if so how do I release it?

If it has been ran there will be some, locate the fuel rail service port on the fuel rail and press the stem as this will relive it.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my truck has been feeling like it is "running out of gas" intermittenly, it has 130,000 miles on it, no lights have come on the dash, and it has two full tanks. do you think this could be the problem?

HiCustomer

Yes if its doing it on both tanks its very likely, The filter needs to be replace every 30K and would be a good place to start.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what about plugs, wires, cap/ rotor? it almost stalled 3 times at lower speeds (5 -15 mph), but push in the clutch and it comes back after a few seconds, then everytime I would try to go it would do it again, then it just sort of went away and ran great for a while. at higher speeds if I just push the peddle to accelerate it seems to do a quick little "buck" once or twice
Plugs, wires , cap and rotor are called for at 100K, The bucking could very well be an intermittent miss. If you have not done so, I would do the whole list. I would also consider having the injector professionally cleaned due to the 130K.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i just ran a tank of lucas oil fuel inj. cleaner through it. would that be sufficient or no?
Well its take a little longer but yes should be ok.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
great thx. one last question, when i pull off the fuel filter will gas leak out even after I release the pressure, it does have two full tanks?
No just a little in the lines. You will be fine.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you again. the advice you gave for my a/c was spot on and i feel confident with as well

Ronnie for President!!

thx,
Anthony
Well your very welcome and thank you as well.