Shawn E
Shawn E, Ford Senior Master
Experience:  23 Years with Ford, 12 Year Ford Senior Master, ASE Master.

2003 F150: 5.4 fuel pressure and i..enough pressure

Customer Question

I have a 2003 F150 5.4 engine. i just check my fuel pressure and i have 35psi is this enough pressure. i was thinking that i should have 55-60 psi. all i did was screw my gauge on the schrader valve and started to vehicle, is this the correct way checking the pressure. if i require more pressure would you recomend chaging the regulator?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn E replied 7 years ago.

Hi, welcome to my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be answering your question. Please remember this is not a FREE service it is an Honor service please reward my time and research answering your question by an ACCEPT payment. If you are unsatisfied with the answer or need more information please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you.

Depending on your configuration 30 psi is the minimum spec required. You can try a new fuel filter it may be clogged or disconnect the vaccum line to the regulator make sure there is no gas in the hose indicating a bad regulator and make sure the fuel pressure goes up about 10psi when the vaccum line is disconnected. If the fuel filter is good you can try a regulator but you are within spec.

Leaving me a positive feedback is always appreciated, 100% positive feedback is my goal. If you feel that the answer was able to save you significant time and money bonuses are also appreciated.

Thank you.

Expert:  Shawn E replied 7 years ago.

I hope my assistance has helped you and that you are satisfied with my suggestion/answer, if you need further assistance please don't ever hesitate to ask.

Please note that your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to complete the transaction or ask me for more help.