Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

How do I add transmission fluid to a 1995 F150 automatic t

How do I add transmission fluid to a 1995 F150 automatic transmission?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What type of engine is in your Ford?

-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
First, my PayPal account only had $8 in it. I guess my son spent more than I thought. I took action to add some more money but they say it will take 3-5 days. Sorry about that.

i'm not sure of the engine. It is an 8 cylinder, model LGTCONVTNL '5 according to the title. I bought it for my son so I don't know alot except he is rough on a car. He bought a new one and gave the truck back to me. I checked the dipstick with the enginr running and saw no fluid. Maybe that is why it shifts hard.

Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thanks for using Just Answer, the transmission dipstick is near the back side of the engine near the firewall on the passenger side, very similiar to the engine oil dipstick.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I know that. It is how I knew no fluid was on the dipstick. The question is how do I add fluid.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I know that. It is how I knew no fluid was on the dipstick.
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.
You will need a funnel that will fit in the tube and then fill it that way, check fluid in park while vehicle is running, fluid should be within cross hatch area. Do not overfill.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks. I thought there might be an eaiser way. Sorry about only having $8.10 in PayPal. I just checked and they are processing the additional funds. Get the remainder of your fee next week. Again, sorry for short changing you. I should have checked before asking the question.
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.
You are welcome