John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

2006 ford five hundred. idling rough, and runs poor. There

2006 ford five hundred. idling rough, and runs poor. There is no check engine on or flashing while it is idling. It has very poor take off. Once you are up and moving it seems to have more power, Also at 50 miles per hour the check engine flashes and then clears, repeated times but the check engine never stays on solid. I put a scanner on it while it was flashing going down the interstate and it said misfire cylinder 4. also said bank on, and bank 2 lean. I will start at the coil first. can I get the firing order to find 4? any help would be great.... thanks, Steve

Hello, I am John, a Ford dealer technician.

I hope I can help solve your problem quickly and accruately.

123 is on the rear bank 456 is the front bank.

123

456

The lean codes may be a sign what is causing this. You could have a bad mass airflow sensor or a bad fuel pump. There could be other things but these are the most likely. To see if it is the fuel pump use your scan tool to read freeze frame data for the lean code. If it set the code at highway speed then you have a bad fuel pump. If it set the code at idle (0 mph) then you have a vacuum leak. This could also be what is causing your miss. Number 4 is farthest away from the fuel supply so if there is low fuel pressure this is the one that will miss.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you! If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

important to me so please leave accurate feedback for others to see my job performance.

Thank you,

JustAnswer Expert

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will check the info tomorrow and see what it says. Do you how the firing order? I would like to check that plug and coil also? Thanks for your help.
Steve

I listed this above.

Rear bank is 123

Front bank is 456

The coil and plug you need to check is on the front valve cover all the way to the left.

Thank you,

JustAnswer Expert

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
do you have the complete firing order?

Sorry, most people are just asking where the cylinders are at. The actual firing order is

1-4-2-5-3-6

Thanks

John Mc