CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified
9926638

How can i remove the radio from a 1999 Ford taurus I need

How can i remove the radio from a 1999 Ford taurus? I need to check the cass. tape section, Tape plays for a short while then in the middle of the tape it stops and just clicks. I have tryed different tapes and the same thing happens.
Category: Ford
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 7 years ago.

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

You will need a set of Ford Radio Removal tools to remove the radio. Ant local parts store should have them for only a few dollars. There should be two tools both shaped like a "U". They need to be inserted into the two holes on each side of the radio and then the radio can be slid out.

Below is a picture for you, The radio may not look like yours, It is just a different model. It is the same concept

graphic