Bamaman39
Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech
17239397

MY 6.0 POWERSTROKE 2004 SOMETIMES STALLS AT A STOP AND ALSO

MY 6.0 POWERSTROKE 2004 SOMETIMES STALLS AT A STOP AND ALSO RUNS LIKE I AM PUSHING UP AND DOWN ON THE ACELERATOR AND IDELS ROUGH, AND OTHER TIMES RUNS FINE. I REPLACED ALL FILTERS 3,000 MILES AGO WHEN THE PROBLEM STARTED. I HAVE RUN AT LEAST 8 TANKS OF FUEL SINCE THEN, ANY IDEAS?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for using just answer.

Are there any dtcs stored in the pcm?

Does it smoke?If so what color

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NO SMOKE, I DONT KNOW WHAT DCTS OR PCM ARE
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 4 years ago.

Ok no problem.The dtc are codes that are stored in the computer when something isnt right.They are call data trouble codes.Is the check engine light on?

Also i nned you to tell me if the icp sensor is located on the passenger side valve cover.It is located beside a module that has a black and green connectors.If its not there its a different year model motor which is ok.Let me know

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT, THE MODULE IS LOCATED ON PASSENGER SIDE W/ GREEN/ BLACK CONNECTORS
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 4 years ago.
Is there a sensor beside that module.Its a round sensor its called the icp sensor.It has a 3 wire connector to it
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
YES
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 4 years ago.
Ok this means you have the newer style motor.Ok when you replaced the filters did it get any better?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HARD TO SAY, IT RAN FINE FOR ABOUT 1,000 MILES OR MORE THEN STARTED ACTING UP GETTING WORSE UNTIL YESTERDAY WHEN THE PROBLEM SEEMED TO STOP
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 4 years ago.

This could be a couple of things.Diesel are hard to predict without scanning the computer and diagnoise them also.You could have a fuel pump issue.A weak fuel pump will cut fuel supply to the injectors.You will have to do a fuel restriction test to find out if this is the issue.Also a faulty ipr could be doing this.Screens blow out of the ipr causing low pressure flow to the oil rail and injectors.Your best bet would be to carry it to the dealer so the proper diagnoise can be performed.Parts are expensive for the 6.0

I hope this answer has been helpful to you! If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

If this answer has been helpful please accept so I can recieve payment. Feedback is very

important to me so please leave accurate feedback for others to see my job performance.

Thank you

Carl

Just Answer Expert

Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience: 10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech