Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

PCV Valve On 2001 Ford Explorer 4.0?

PCV Valve On 2001 Ford Explorer 4.0?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

The lower hose goes to the intake manifold and the higher hose goes to the evap canister. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Dan, thanks for your reply,

But in the diagram you have, u have the actual valve seated in the valve cover. mine isnt like that. I have a PCV valve with a T at the top with 2 hoses on them ( I know there they go. then there is a hose connected to the bottom of the PCV which has been plugged up since i bought the truck used.

I need to find out where in the engine that lower hose from the PCV valve connects to

A diagram would be great. I been to a small service shops they cant seem to help unless I go to an actual Ford dealer

Thank you very much

Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
It looks like I cannot find a good diagram for the hose routing for this pcv system. I'll opt-out so someone who has different information can help. There should also be a sticker underneath your hood somewhere that shows all of the vacuum hose routing. Someone else will respond automatically. Thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
Let me know if your able to find a diagram under the hood and if it helps. In the meantime I'll message a few co-workers who have better information on this vehicle and try to find you a better diagram. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

At this time, I will wait until monday to speak with the dealer.

Thanks for trying anyway.

is the fee refunded?

Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
I will email the site moderator and tell them to issue a refund. Sorry I couldnt be more help, thanks again.