Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1998 Ford Windstar, fault code P1131 what EXACTLY does it

1998 Ford Windstar, fault code "P1131" what EXACTLY does it mean??
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

HA40 DTC P1131, P1151, P1132 AND P1152: UPSTREAM HO2S(S) NOT SWITCHING. DTCs P1130 AND P1150: FUEL SYSTEM NOT SWITCHING AT THE FUEL TRIM (RICH OR LEAN)

Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) P1131 bank 1 (Cylinder 1) and P1151 bank 2 indicate the fuel/air ratio is correcting rich for an overly lean condition. The HO2S voltage is less than 0.45 volt. DTCs P1132 bank 1 (Cylinder 1) and P1152 bank 2 indicate the fuel/air ratio is correcting lean for an overly rich condition. The HO2S voltage is greater than 0.45 volt.

Which is in most case caused by a bad HO2S. Bank one (passenger side) .

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

English?? LOL. Whats the Ho2S??

Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
Sorry the HO2S is the Heated Oxygen sensor, you have one on each bank ( drivers side and passenger side) in you case it the passenger side that has the issue.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thats what I figured but why would it give me 3 seperate codes for the same thing? The other 2 codes were po133 and po155

Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
You always start with the first code. In most cases this is the Fix.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I appreciate it.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
Your very welcome. Thank you as well.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi again, I know this sounds stupid but I "think" I sent the funds to you but in my "status" it says "waiting for you"?? How do I know for sure that the funds were sent?

Thanks again,

Faze

Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
They where sent , thank you vey much.