Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Tune up on a 1969 ford f100 with 360 motor

Customer Question

tune up on a 1969 ford f100 with 360 motor
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Your 390 requirs a set of points, plugs , condensor . Due to age I would also do a new distributor cap as well as a new rotor and a set of spark plug wires and a fuel filter.. The timing is set at 12degrees BTDC, the plugs are gaped at .035 and the points are gaped at .017.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ok so if you would walk me through real quick putting on the new condenser, rotor, and cap

thanks

Kevin

Expert:  Ron replied 7 years ago.
The condenser is just a matter of removing the screw and installing the new one. the rotor just slides on as well. As for the cap, remove the old cap with the wires still attached and install the new cap and install the wires in the new cap one at a time making sure to keep the firing order right.