The heater core come out from inside the vehicle:
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 9
- Drain the cooling system.
CAUTION When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
Fig. Fig. 1: Disengage the heater hose locking tabs ...
Fig. Fig. 2: ... then disconnect the hose from the heater core
- Disconnect the heater hoses at the core tubes in the engine compartment.
- Remove the instrument panel lower trim panel
- Remove the heater core cover from the left side of the heater case (4 screws).
- Remove the core retaining retainers and if necessary bracket from the case.
- Lift out the heater core and seal.
Fig. Fig. 3: Loosen the heater core trim panel retaining screws
Fig. Fig. 4: Remove the panel and set it aside
Fig. Fig. 5: Unfasten the heater core cover retainers
Fig. Fig. 6: Remove the cover to gain access to the heater core
Fig. Fig. 7: Loosen the heater core retainers ...
Fig. Fig. 8: ... and, if necessary, remove the bracket from the case
Fig. Fig. 9: Remove the heater core and seal from its housing
- Install the seal and heater core.
- Install the heater cover and screws.
- Install the lower trim panel.
- Connect the heater hoses and fill the cooling system.
- Fill the cooling system. Disconnect the heater outlet hose at the water pump until coolant begins to escape (this will bleed the system), then reconnect the hose.