Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure
21020025

how to replace blender motor

Customer Question

how to replace blender motor
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford snr master replied 5 years ago.

good afternboon and thank you for in quiring with JustAnswer. below is the procedure for replacing the temp blend door motor. ?If you have any further questions,please feel free to ask. Removal of the dashboard will be required to access the blend door motor and is a fairly big job than might be considered for a shop if you are not greatly automotively inclined.

CAUTION: Electronic modules are sensitive to static electrical charges. Avoid exposing any modules to static electrical charges, as this may cause damage to the modules.

1. Depower the supplemental restraint system (SRS).

1. If equipped, remove the floor console.
  2. Position the speed control actuator aside.
    1. Remove the nuts.
    1. Disconnect the electrical connecor.
  3. Loosen the bolt and disconnect the LH bulkhead electrical connector.
  4. Release the retainers and position the bulkhead electrical connector through the dash panel.
  5. Disconnect the A/C temperature sensor electrical connector.
  6. Disconnect the RH engine compartment in-line wiring harness connectors.
  7. Remove the RH fender splash shield.
  8. Remove the RH instrument panel lower insulator.
    • Remove the pin-type retainers.
    • Disconnect the power point electrical connector.
    • Disconnect the courtesy lamp.
  9. Remove the LH and RH scuff plates.
  10. Remove the LH and RH A-pillar lower trim panels.
  11. Disconnect the antenna cable in-line connector.
  12. Remove the RH ground bolts.
  13. Disconnect the RH bulkhead electrical connectors.
    1. Loosen the bolt.
    1. Disconnect the RH bulkhead electrical connectors.
  14. Disconnect the RH wiring harness electrical connectors.
  15. Disconnect the RH wiring harness electrical connector.
  16. If equipped, disconnect the electronic automatic temperature control (EATC) hose from the evaporator housing.
  17. Position the LH and RH front door weatherstrip seals aside.
  18. Feed the RH wiring harness through the dash panel.
  19. Disconnect the climate control head vacuum harness connector.
  20. If equipped with floor console shift, remove the pin-type retainer and position the carpet aside.
  21. If equipped with steering column shift, remove the pin-type reatiner and the instrument panel tunnel brace shift.
  22. Remove the instrument panel tunnel brace.
    1. Remove the nuts.
    1. Remove the instrument panel tunnel brace.
  23. If equipped, remove the LH instrument panel insulator.
    1. Remove the pin-type retainers.
    1. Position the LH instrument panel insulator aside.
    • Disconnect the courtesy lamp.
  24. Remove the instrument panel steering column cover.
    1. Remove the screws.
    1. Remove the instrument panel steering column cover.
  25. Remove the instrument panel steering column opening cover reinforcement.
    1. Remove the bolts.
    1. Remove the instrument panel steering column opening cover reinforcement.
  26. Position the steering column brace aside.
    1. Remove the nut.
    1. Position the steering column brace aside.
  27. Separate the intermediate shaft from the steering column shaft.
    1. Remove and discard the pinch bolt.
    1. Separate the intermediate shaft from the steering column shaft.
  28. If equipped with steering column shift, disconnect the transmission shift cable from the steering column.
    1. Disconnect the cable from the steering column shift tube lever.
    1. Disconnect the cable from the steering column bracket.
  29. Remove the LH ground bolt.
  30. Disconnect the LH wiring harness electrical connectors.
  31. Remove the defroster opening grille.
    • If equipped, disconnect the elctrical connectors.
  32. Remove the 3 instrument panel cowl top screws.
  33. Remove the RH instrument panel cowl side nut.
  34. Remove the upper LH instrument panel cowl side nut.
  35. Remove the lower LH instrument panel cowl side bolt.
  36. NOTE: Two technicians are needed to carry out this step.

Remove the instrument panel from the vehicle.

Disconnect the connector

graphic

Remove the four screws.

graphic

Remove the temperature blend door actuator

graphic

To install, reverse the removal procedure

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, if you need further assistance please ask.

Please note, your Deposit doesnt constitute a payment.Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to allow me to recieve credit for my work. Positive feedback is always appreciated. If you feel the answer was able to save you significant time and money Bonuses are welcome and appreciated.

Experience: 14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I THOUGH THE PRICE WAS $9.00 NOQ 16.50.IT LOOKED LIKE THE ANSWER5 WAS JUST COPIED FROM THE MANUAL.NO PERSONAL COMMENTS.

The charge they should have charged you should only have been $9, if they have charged you more i would suggest contacting them to resolve the overcharge. I have posted the procedure out of the manual so it would be easier for you to follow instead of me trying to explain every piece that would need to be removed, also my terminology might have confused you as well. Usually when the repair consists of many steps it is easier for you to follow the shop referrence than an explaination. I also did mention if you have any further questions or inquiries to feel free to ask for clarification.