John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

03 Ranger: remove power steering bracket..3.0 engine..3 bolts bracket

Customer Question

how to remove power steering bracket on '03 Ranger with 3.0 engine? Have removed 3 bolts bracket seems to stuck.
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 7 years ago.

Hello, I am John, a Ford dealer technician.

I hope I can help solve your problem quickly and accruately.

There are two bolts that hold the bracket to the side of the engine. Here is a pic of the bolts.

graphic

I hope this answer has been helpful to you! If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

important to me so please leave accurate feedback for others to see my job performance.

Thank you,

JustAnswer Expert

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I already found those 2 bolts and removed them and the long one in front. Is the bracket held on with hollow pins? What would be the safe way to lossen the bracket to remove it.

Expert:  John Mc replied 7 years ago.

No there are two more on the front. I'm posting the full instructions to help you out.

Click here for directions.

Thank you,

JustAnswer Expert

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Due to my work time constraights I had to shut down and go to bed yesterday. The full instructions are greatly appreciated. I should be able to locate the 2 bolts that I missed earlier and replace the water pump tomorrow. Now that I know where to look I should be in a much better frame of mind to do this job. I also will grant a $15 increase for abonus. ragwing 5

Expert:  John Mc replied 7 years ago.

Glad to help! Please leave feedback so others can see my job performance.

Thanks,

John Mc