Brad B
Brad B, Ford Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified & ASE G1. Ford Senior Master

Cd stuck in my 2006 ford 500 6 disc changer, how can i get it out?

i have a cd stuck in my 2006 ford 500 6 disc changer, how can i get it out?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Brad B replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer!

This is a very common issue with 'Ford Head Units' (CD Players) to have a stuck CD when trying to eject them. The issue is generally due to the internals of the CD player not being in sync with each other and has caused the internals to jam or jump off track. The fix is to have the unit shipped out to be repaired by a specialist with the unit. The cost to have the unit repair is fairly expensive and can be around $300 +. If you are out of warranty you will be best off having an aftermarket unit installed which I would rec. you check out they sell the units with the required tools to remove the unit and also a wiring kit to simplify the process, all of this is included for free. As far as trying to get the CD out, in most cases this is impossible until the unit is pulled apart. If you pull the unit apart you have a very good chance of damaging the unit beyond repair. You can try to take a small flat blade screwdriver and sticking it in where the CD's go to see if you can work the CD out, take a flashlight and see if you see a CD stuck in the end of the door (may be an open slot).... If you do not see it you will not be able to fish it out. I hope that has answered your question. If you have any questions let me know! I will gladly assist you with your issue!