Al Smitty
Al Smitty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, Ford Engine and Chassis Master Tech, Auto Tech Instructor
21409023

How do you replace the blend door actuator in a 2005 ford explorer

Customer Question

how do you replace the blend door actuator in a 2005 ford explorer
Category: Ford
Expert:  Al Smitty replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.
Here is the procedure. Hope this helps.
Best of luck
AL

Notes

TEMPERATURE BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR - RH, EATC

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Removal and Installation

1. Depower the supplemental restraint system (SRS).
  2. Remove the RH and LH A-pillar trim panels.
  3. Remove the cowl panel grille.
  4. Remove the 4 instrument panel center brace bolts.
    • To install, tighten to 9 Nm (80 lb-in) .
  1. Remove the 4 instrument panel center brace nuts.
  1. Remove the 2 instrument panel center braces
  2. CAUTION: To avoid damaging the sunload sensor electrical connector, remove the grille just enough to access the connector. Remove the instrument panel defroster grille.
  3. NOTE: The instrument panel cowl bolt must be removed from outside the vehicle. Remove the instrument panel cowl bolt.
    • To install, tighten to 25 Nm (18 lb-ft) .
  1. Remove the instrument panel upper bolt.
  1. Remove the instrument panel bolt.
  1. Remove the 2 instrument panel side finish panels.
  2. NOTE: Do not completely remove the instrument panel bolts. Loosen the 2 LH instrument panel side bolts enough to allow the RH side of the instrument panel to be moved away from the dash panel when the RH instrument panel side bolts are removed.
    • To install, tighten to 30 Nm (22 lb-ft) .
  1. CAUTION:
    • Be sure the instrument panel is properly supported to avoid possible damage to the instrument panel wiring and components.
    • To avoid damage to the instrument panel wiring or components, do not use excessive force when moving the instrument panel away from the dash panel.

NOTE: The instrument panel may be supported by installing threaded rods or equivalent, with the same diameter and thread pitch, in place of the RH instrument panel support bolts.

Correctly support the instrument panel and remove the 2 RH instrument panel support bolts to allow the instrument panel to be pulled away from the dash panel.

1. Disconnect the RH temperature blend door actuator electrical connector.
  2. Remove the 3 RH temperature blend door actuator screws.
  3. Remove the RH temperature blend door actuator.
  4. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Al Smitty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech, Ford Engine and Chassis Master Tech, Auto Tech Instructor
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I ask a question and got an answer, but was not able to see the pictures to go along with it. could you please show me my answer again with the pictures to help me out.