Al Smitty
Al Smitty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, Ford Engine and Chassis Master Tech, Auto Tech Instructor

1997 Ford Escort: I replace the Canister Purge Solenoid

How do I replace the Canister Purge Solenoid in my 1997 Ford Escort? I know where it's it hard the replace?
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.
It shouldn't be hard to replace. Here is a procedure to help you.
Best of luck

1. Disconnect the battery ground cable. NOTE: When battery voltage is removed from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) , all learned values will be cleared and reset to predetermined values. When battery voltage is restored to the PCM, the vehicle may exhibit certain driveability concerns. It will be necessary to drive the vehicle to allow the PCM to relearn values for optimum driveablilty and performance.

1. Disconnect the Evaporative Emission (EVAP) canister purge valve electrical connector.

1. Remove the fuel vapor lines and the EVAP canister purge valve. NOTE: When installing the EVAP canister purge valve, point the arrow going to the engine as marked on the canister purge valve.

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

1. Connect the negative battery cable.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much!!!Laughing
My pleasure.