Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279
Ford

2004 F-150: the driver side floor is getting wet I..pulled back..HVAC

I have a 2004 F-150... Show More
I have a 2004 F-150 the driver side floor is getting wet I pulled back the carpet and found it to be coming from the HVAC case sweating on the outside on the driver side. i am not sure why. I did check the drain it was clear. This happens when the ac is on. At first I thought it was coming from the floor. I would appreciate help in fixing this problem hopefully without pulling the case.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Ford has released a TSB that deals with this concern and I am enclosing it for you review.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Customer reply replied 7 years ago.
I have seen this TSB which pertains the the passenger floor getting wet due to the drain seal leaking. My problem is on the driver's side. Passenger side is dry. The drain seal is a little damp, however the case is sweating even on the duct that runs to the defrost. Enough to noticeably get the carpet wet. The big drips drip from the area above the vent tube that runs next to the steering wheel.

HiCustomer

This truck has a some problem with water also leaking in at the drivers side at the top of the windshield and if this is the case is tends to run down the windshield post . This may be an external leak and not the AC at all. But the seal on the drain is the most common. Have you tried using a garden hose and with some one in the truck running water on the front end around the glass?

Customer reply replied 7 years ago.
I have but I will try again.

Here is another TSB that may apply, its worth checking out.

DOWNLOAD HERE