Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,

I have a 2002 Windstar SEL. The check fuel cap light came

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Windstar SEL. The "check fuel cap" light came on and eventually the "engine" icon came on. First code P1455 came up on my hand scanner and I replaced the fuel cap with a brand new Ford cap. When I installed the new cap, and screw it on, it doesn't "click" as it should. This afternoon I pulled the codes and P0147 came up with P0145. Any advice?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Joe replied 7 years ago.

The fuel cap must be a quality cap if it is a cheaper cap it will not work correctly.

If p1455 has not came back up then you may have fixed the gross evap leak depending on the saok time but I would still put a quality gas cap on it.

P0147 is o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 3 heater circuit problem

P0145 02 sensor bank 1 sensor 3 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response

with both those codes I would say that o2 sensor is bad

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The cap I bought from Ford and is new and stock for the van. So I'm confused as to why it doesn't click. I'll call the dealership tomorrow and check on returning it. If it's the O2 sensor, which one of them would it be?

Expert:  Joe replied 7 years ago.

it would be the one downstream by the rear converter