Steve S
Steve S, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years in Ford Dealership, Certified in: Auto Trans, Diesel Engines, Climate Control, Electrical D
9447945

2007 Ford: Sport..The wrench light came..diagnostic

I have a 2007 Ford Sport Trac. The wrench light came on for about 5 mins then turned back off. It threw the code P061B when set on a diagnostic. I called the dealership and I am taking it in Tuesday. Is it a serious issue? Should I not drive? What does the code mean?
Hi thereCustomer What engine do you have in this SportTrac? Does the truck seem to run ok? Steve
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Type? V6 4.0 liter I think. It runs ok but when you first turn it on it reeves(sp?) to 2 rpms and when you drive it sounds like it's a bigger truck than it really is, if that makes sense.
Hi does the noise s9ound like a possible noise created by the fan? Steve
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yea, i suppose.
This code has to do with the internal torque calculation in the computer. This calculation is based on many inputs from the engine system and can be set for numurous reasons. Seeing that the truck is still running ok other then the fan noise then I think you should be ok until Tuesday as the light has went off anyways. The fan noise could be related to a pcm reprogramming that is also availabale for your vehicle for different concerns and the fan noise. If the truck is still under warranty then the dealership should be able to take care of this all for you. Steve