Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2003 ford f-350: camshaft and crankshaft position sensor

I have a 2003 ford f-350 6.0 diesel. What is the best way to change the camshaft and crankshaft position sensor
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 years ago.

Hello Gaurdian,

Thanks for visiting us Technicians here at Just Answer. I will do all I can to answer your question fully and understandable. If you need more assistance on this matter please just hit reply and do so, you can even reply after hitting accept. If this has solved or helped you understand the fix then my efforts can only be rewarded by hitting the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON. I strive to maintain good feedback so do reply with any form of results.

Thanks Chris

Here is how to get to the cam sensor

Here is how to get to the crank sensor.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There is not a lot of room when trying to disconnect the pigtail and remove the crankshaft sensor. How do I remove the sensor?
Did you move the battery cables like the diagrmas stated. I have a 90 degree bent screwdriver to unplug the sensor. Then nothing else must be removed to get the crank sensor out. It is tuff access but manageable.