EMRSR, Master Certified Service Manager
Experience:  20 years with Ford, Master Certified

1994 Ford Probe: fuel cutout lite..fuel filter and plenty..trunk

Customer Question

1994 Ford Probe

I have a fuel cutout lite on the dash and car will not start...Im gettin gas pass the fuel filter and plenty of spark...I replaced the inercia swich in the trunk and still no start...Please could someone tell me the fuelcout swich is so I can replace it or reset Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  EMRSR replied 7 years ago.

You are likely looking for the FPRC, fuel pressure regulator control solenoid. I got a decent pic.

Fuel Pressure Regulator Control (FPRC) Solenoid Location
Mounted to the lower RH side of the intake manifold.

The black connector is for the FPRC solenoid (upper) and the orange is for the EGR solenoid (lower). Refer to the figures for assistance.

If the connector installation is correct, the problem exists elsewhere. Consult the 1994 Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) Manual.

OASIS CODES: 206000, 698298

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I called around to several parts stores and I even spoke the Ford and Mazda and both say that they cant Id that part...

Expert:  EMRSR replied 7 years ago.

Where are you located?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I talked to a guy at Sanderson Ford service dept and he said that the part that you offered as a solution would not cause my Probe any problems starting or passing fuel...I dug around a little more and found out that the problem was timming...The car starts now and the fuel cutout lite is gone... Nice try but F.P.R.C. was not the reason my car didnt start...
Expert:  EMRSR replied 7 years ago.
16 year old car with out a lot of info can make it tuff on-line. When they get to that age where "on-line" diagnostics did not exist it not easy by any means from my seat. Glad it is fixed.