Shawn E
Shawn E, Ford Senior Master
Experience:  23 Years with Ford, 12 Year Ford Senior Master, ASE Master.

how do I remove the front brake rotor on a 2006 ford f550 4x4.

how do I remove the front brake rotor on a 2006 ford f550 4x4. I have removed the snap ring but I don't see anything else holding the hub to the spindle. do I just tamp it with a mallet?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn E replied 7 years ago.

Hi, welcome to my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be answering your question. Please remember this is not a FREE service it is an Honor service please reward my time and research answering your question by an ACCEPT payment. Thank you.

To remove the rotors you do not need to touch the 4x4 hubs simply remove the 8 wheel hub extender nuts. I do not remember if they are 18mm or 21mm but use a shollow socket and put it on the nut then go through the hole with your extension. Remove all 8 and the rotor should fall right off.

Leaving me a positive feedback is always appreciated, 100% positive feedback is my goal. If you feel that the answer was able to save you significant time and money bonuses are also appreciated.

Thank you.