Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Ford.

How do I remove the rear seat in a 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty

Customer Question

How do I remove the rear seat in a 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty (Super Cab)??? The bottom part of the seat folds down; I thought the top did as well but it does not; if it does then someone cut the strap.

Thanks

Paul
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am John, a Ford dealer technician.

I hope I can help solve your problem quickly and accruately.

Here are the instructions on how to remove the rear seat. I hope this helps.

Click here for instructions

I hope this answer has been helpful to you! If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

If this answer has been helpful please accept so I can recieve payment.

Thank you,

JustAnswer Expert

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Nope. Thats not what I mean. The back part of the seat mounts to the back of the cab someway. that is what I am trying to take out. The 99's I thought came equipped with a strap that would allow the back portion of the seat to release and fold forward. If my truck did not have that factory option, how do I remove the back seat pad?
Expert:  John Mc replied 4 years ago.
Is this a super cab or super crew. The super crew has 4 full size doors.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
super cab. 2 full doors. 2 suicide. look at the picture i just sent. I am amost positive the rear seat is suppose to fold down like in the photo. that is the same truck. same year. If my truck did not have that factory option, i want to know how to take that back part off. it is possible that the previous owner cut the release strap; or that the truck did not come with the option, either way i want it off. just the back portion,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  John Mc replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry but I can't find the info you need. I'm going to open this question to other experts so please don't reply because it will delay the process of another expert answering.

Thanks

John Mc

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 years ago.

Hello tuffplayusa ,

Thanks for coming to Just Answer to ask a question.

Different expert here

The super cab did not come with a rear seat back fold down option. You however can just remove the seat back. The picture sent was of a crew cab or a different manufacturer.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My manual says it does. the picture is of a 99' f250 SD Super Cab V-10. I checked with the owner already. the picture in your diagram shows the bottom of the seat folding back, mine folds forward. the latch behind the seat is also attached to the back of the cab some way, your diagram and answer does not explain how to release that. paul

The manual states the rear seat will fold flat if equipped, This would mean the vehicle would have to be ordered with this option to have it. Since you find no straps then you must remov ethe seat bottom to be able to remove the seat back.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
once i remove the bottoms how do i detach the back?
There is a single bolt on each side to remove shown in the last picture I sent.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is also a bracket on the back. it wont come off. already tried just taking the bolts out
So you have gotten the complete seat out of the vehicle and you still cant get the backrest off of the seat frame.
Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience: 16 years experience with Ford.