Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

how to raise a power window stuck in the down position on a

Customer Question

how to raise a power window stuck in the down position on a 2006 ford f150
Category: Ford
Expert:  All Makes replied 7 years ago.
have you checked the fuse?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes fuses are all good other windows go up and down.... also repalce the door switch with one off my other truck... window just wont't go up or down.... motor clicks when switch is pressed... trying to bypass motor to raise glass...???
Expert:  All Makes replied 7 years ago.
It does sound like the motor is the problem if another switch the same didnt work. You will have to replace the motor if jumping it confirms only clicking still and providing that there is enough power in the battery. You can take the rest of the door apart and remove the mechanisms then raise the glass and put something in to hold it up intill you replace the motor.

I can supply you with the procedure to jump the motor if you like.

Only other alternative is to put plastic over the window intill its replaced
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have all the door apart.... and trying to bypass the motor to raise the glass... is there a way to do that... as right now can't move the glass... due to the cables being tight etc... is there a switch or something that can put the motor in I can raise the glass...???

Expert:  All Makes replied 7 years ago.
There is two bolts holding the window to the regulator, Can you access them? Is the motor bolted or riveted to the regulator?