mike v
mike v, Ford Technician
Experience:  ford employed certified tech
13546892

Where is the camshaft position sensor located on 2000 ford pickup 4.

where is the camshaft position sensor located on 2000 ford pickup 4.2 v 6 engine
Category: Ford
Expert:  mike v replied 7 years ago.

hi there

my name is mike. the camshaft position sensor is located center of motor in the front. here is r&r of the senosr. let me know if this helps you out. thanks

mike

REMOVAL

1. Partially drain the cooling system. For additional information, refer to Cooling System.
  2. Remove the air cleaner outlet tube. For additional information, refer to Fuel Delivery and Air Induction.

1. Disconnect the engine harness from the water tube, remove the bolt and position the heater water outlet tube aside.

1. Disconnect the Camshaft Position (CMP ) sensor electrical connector.

1. Remove the screws and the CMP sensor.

INSTALLATION

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can not get the pictures up. I am going to work on it tomorrow. thank you . will let you know how i make out.Customer
Expert:  mike v replied 7 years ago.

graphicgraphicgraphicim sorry if that did not work. see if you can open this picture. thank you

mik

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Your answer was very helpful, but you didnot tell me about the steel v shaped pipe that was attached to the water pump for the water heater hoses. that turned out to bo quite a problem. the location was perfect.