Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Ford.
2499435

HI.2004 FORD F150.NEW BODY .MY POWER WINDOW IS NOT WORKING

Customer Question

HI.2004 FORD F150.NEW BODY .MY POWER WINDOW IS NOT WORKING ,AND SO IS THE DOME LIGHT.THEY TOLD ME THAT I MAY HAVE APROBLEM IN THE SJB. WHERE IS THE SMART JUNCTION BOX IS LOCATED IN THE TRUCK.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thanks for using Just Answer, your vehicle is not equipped with a SJB, but it does have a CJB (Central Junction Box), which is located on the passenger side of the vehicle.

graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THE CJB, IS THE SAME AS( FUSE BOX ).IF IT IS .WHY THERE IS NO POWER COMING TO THE POWER WINDOW RELAY.BUT EVERY THING ELSE CHECKED GOOD.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 years ago.

Hello Mesa,

Thanks for coming to Just Answer to ask a question.

The previos expert has opted out, so I will help you.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HI CHRIS .THE ACCES RELAY IS GOOD AND HAS POWER,BUT THE #401(WINDOW RELAY) HAS NO PWER.WITH OR W/O KEY IN

Ok if you have no power at fuse 401 then the relay is not closing the switch or there is a circuit board concern i nthe junction box. The relay needs power on pin 86 and ground on pin 85. Pin 30 should also show power. If 85 and 86 are good then the switch will close and allow pin 30 to send power to pin 87 then to the fuse 401.

Remove the relay and supply battery power to pin 87 and see if the fuse 401 gets hot and see if the windows work.

Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience: 16 years experience with Ford.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok i talked to the prev. owner and he told me this truck is xl, he was trying to add power windows and locks.so he replaced the wiring harness and the fuse box and the two front doors regalutors and switchs from a 2004 xlt.he got the locks working but not the windows so he sold the truck and iam stuck with it. what i have to do to fix the problem. now every thing seemed wired fine but as i said before that fuse ##401 not getting hot it has power only when pin #87 is wired from power source as chris told me to do .
Did you check the other inputs to the relay to see why its not turning on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi chris .no power to fuse #22.35.36 and #401.what is the common between those .and i want mention that the the rear doors switches(ex.cab) are not conected . still manule regaluters .just the harnesses taped inside the doors.do u think has some thing to with it.
What do pins 86 and 85 at the relay show with the key in run?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
2 pins shows power with truck running # XXXXX and 85. but not# XXXXX i ran a power supply from the battery to the #87 then #401 has power.
pin 85 must show a ground from the PCM to make the relay work.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how i have to do that.
You need to use an ohm meter and turn the key on and see if there is no resistance to ground when touching this pin
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok i have to wait till tommm. buy new ohm meter.i can'tfind mine .note the warning sound or chimmy sound not work when the truck is running. i really commnd u for the job u'r doing.
Thanks for the comments, hear from you tomorrow.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
CHRIS. YES #85 IS SHOWING GROUND .
If 85 is ground and 86 is hot then one side of the relay is good. Now all you need is for pin 30 to also be hot. If all 3 of these are good then a good relay will send power to pin 87 which can only be tested at the wire since the relay must be in. So if 30 is hot and still no power from the relay then its the relay or fuse panel.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes chris that is correct.#85 is grd.#IS30 HOT ALLTHE TIME AS SO IS #86.I REPLACED THE RELAY.THE FUSE BOX WAS BOUGHT FROM AN AUTO XXXXX 2004 XLT.OK ONE MORE QUESTION,DO U THINK I HAVE TO REPROGRAM THE PCM TO READ THE POWER WINDOWS ADD ONS.SENCE THE TRUCK WAS XL.SECOND THE TRUCK IS EX CAB BUT ONLY HAS THE FRONT WINDOWS WIRED AND THE REAR WINDOW STILL MANUAL..AND THE PREVIOUS OWNER REPLACED THE POWER WINDOW HARNESS FROM 4DRS TRUCK .
I have never installed a xlt fuse panel in a xl so for me to say reprogramming is needed I dont have a for sure answer stating this is the fix for theis. Yes pin 30 is hot all the time. The XL also has this relay so The same wire color should be getting hot in both models
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I THINK XL DOES NOT HAVE R02 RELAY (ACCESS.DELAY )AND R05 INSTALLED,BUT U ARE RIGHT THEY ARE WIRED.SO MY NEXT STEP IS FINDIND AFUSE BOX.
Good luck.
Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician