Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

What will I have to do to tow my 2009 Focus behind my RV?

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  fordman312009 replied 7 years ago.
You will have to get a dolly that rest the front tires I don't believe they make a quick connect kit to disable the front drive line
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Why I ask is because of the "i don'tbelieve" part of your response. In my search I have had conflicting answers. Do you have other resources to clarify. Is it towed forward or backwardshere are several listings for Focus tow bars.
GH
Well the reason I wrote I don't believe is because there's no telling what's been designed that I'm not aware of. What I do know is even with the car in neutral its bad on the transmission all the cars that get towed in to us have the front tires rested
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Could you throw the question out to others? This is for my 85 yr old Mom & Dad, and I'm just trying to help
GH
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 years ago.

Hello Ghardy,

Thanks for coming to Just Answer to ask a question.

Different expert here.

Yes this vehicle can be towed 4 wheels down if its a MANUAL TRANSAXLE. The automatic transaxle CANNOT be towed with 4 wheels down. For a auto trans you must raise the front wheels off the ground on a tow dolly.

graphic

I have not heard back from you, so I assume you are needing more assistance on this matter, if so please do reply so I can finish this question. My goal is to have nothing but satisfied customers.

Thanks Hope to hear from you soon, Chris