EMRSR
EMRSR, Master Certified Service Manager
Experience:  20 years with Ford, Master Certified
18136160

1988 FORD F-150: FUEL PUMP RELAY LOCATED..DRIVES..FUEL FILTERS

Customer Question

WHERE IS THE FUEL PUMP RELAY LOCATED AT ON A 1988 FORD F-150, WHICH HAS ONE FUEL PUMP IN FUEL TANK(LOW PRESSURE) AND A HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP ON THE FRAME ON DRIVES SIDE, WITH TWO FUEL FILTERS?
Category: Ford
Expert:  SuperBob replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer as I do not have any reference material from that year range of truck I must refer to memory only. If memory serves correct the fuel pump relay on your truck is on the drivers side fender well under the hood encased in a black plastic sleeve with two other relays, look just rearward of your washer bottle, you should see a black plastic cover with three squares embossed on the top of the cover, give a tug on the inboard side of the wires that enter the cover and you should be able to pull the three relays out, the fuel pump relay will be the green one. Take a look and see if I am correct on this location for this year range
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I LOOK WHERE YOU TOLD ME YESTERDAY, BUT STILL COULDN'T LOCATE.

GOT ANY OTHER SUGESTION?

Expert:  EMRSR replied 7 years ago.

Here you go.

Locations
Notes

The Fuel Pump Relay is located under the plastic shield at the air cleaner support bracket

Fuel Pump Relay
Notes

Engine Compartment Components.

LH Side Of Engine Compartment, On Relay Bracket. Fuel pump relay is next to the EEC Relay.

Applicable to: 4.9L/6-300
Engine Compartment Components.

Applicable to: 5.0L/V8-302 & 5.8L/V8-350
Engine Compartment Components.

LH Side Of Engine Compartment, On Relay Bracket. Fuel pump relay is next to the EEC Relay