Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2006 Ford: owners manual..Light on dash that looks like a wrench

2006 Ford Fusion - no owner's manual. Light on dash that looks like a wrench. Don't want to go to the dealer if I don't have to.
This is your check engine light. This means something in your vehicle is not operating like it should. If you do not have an obd2 scanner, you should have it serviced.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
An engine light is also on. But that kinda comes and goes. I don't worry bout it too much. This one today is on the left side of dash and in shaped like a wrench.

Hello Customer

Thanks for coming to Just Answer to ask a question.

Different expert here

Do you notice any odd running issues with the vehicle?

How many miles do you have?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so far, have not noticed noises. But was only driving a few blocks when i noticed the light. 64,000 miles.

The wrench light in most all cases indicates a concern with the electronic throttle body plate sticking or not moveing well. You really need to get scan tool hooked up and retrieve the codes stored in the PCM so you know for sure where to begin diag or what to replace. I suggest you first off do this fuel system service shown below exactly and then see if the concern re-occurs.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks very much! That at least points me in a different direction than the dealership. :) Where can I get a scan tool and what is the PCM? How do I know if I have a cable driven throttle body or electronic throttle body? where would the MAG/IAT sensor be located?

You do have a electronic throttle body.

You can rent or buy a scan tool from most parts stores. Or pay a shop to scan it.

The MAF and IAT sensor are one part mounted in the air intake tube between the air filter and throttle body.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience: 16 years experience
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
You're awesome! Thank you!
Your welcome