Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Ford.
2499435

2003 Ford Ranger: jerks and rpms drop quickly and jump..downshift..tsb

2003 Ford Ranger: Truck bucks and jerks and rpms drop quickly and jump back up on hard acceleration when engine goes over 3000 rpms. Hard gas to cause downshift stops bucking. The problem is described in the tsb but I cannot find the solution anywhere.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 years ago.

Hello Sdude,

Thanks for coming to Just Answer to ask a question.

Any warning lights on?

What was the TSB #?

Can I get the vin#?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no check engine light or other lights. gauges are normal. no codes pulled. tsb is 052212. vin is 1FTYR44V43PB05903
Have you completed this TSB. Has it been diagnosed per this TSB and the failure is noticed?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't know what 'completed this TSB' means. I found the TSB online while searching for a fix and it describes exactly the behavior of the truck.

I was asking if you have completed any of the diag steps in the TSB or done the repair it suggested. I assume you have not . You are correct this TSB pulls up with your vin# XXXXX it looks like your in need of a new cam sensor and cam synchronizer.

Here is how to do it with ford directions.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok I understand. No I wasn't able to find what the suggested repair was. I ordered the synchro already so I'll order the sensor too. When you say the TSB pulls up with my vin? Is there somewhere I can run my vin to see if there are any other TSB's?
Here is every TSB on a 03 ranger.
Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience: 16 years experience with Ford.