lostrider
lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.
9493671

2005 f150: I disconnect the fuel lines from the fuel pump

how do I disconnect the fuel lines from the fuel pump on 2005 f150 i've never seen those type of connects

Hi uga bulldog 25 this is lostrider, there are 3 different types of fitting there installing on these trucks, here is the procedure for the quick disconnect liens, hope this is what you have in your truck.

Disconnect

1. WARNING: The evaporative emission system contains fuel vapor and condensed fuel vapor. Although not present in large quantities, it still presents the danger of explosion or fire. Disconnect the battery ground cable from the battery to minimize the possibility of an electrical spark occurring, possibly causing a fire or explosion if fuel vapor or fuel liquid is present in the area. Failure to follow these instructions may result in personal injury.

Disconnect the battery ground cable.
  1. CAUTION: Fuel injection equipment is manufactured to very precise tolerances and fine clearances. It is therefore essential that absolute cleanliness is observed when working with these components. Always install blanking plugs to any open orifices or tubes.

CAUTION: When reusing liquid or vapor tube connectors, make sure to use compressed air to remove any foreign material from the connector retaining clip area before separating from the tube.

Disconnect the vapor tube fitting.
    • Push the connector toward the tube or fitting to release pressure.
    • Press the quick connect fitting button and pull the fuel tube to disconnect.

graphic

Connect

1. CAUTION: When reusing liquid or vapor tube connectors, make sure to use compressed air to remove any foreign material from the connector retaining clip area before separating from the tube.

CAUTION: Make sure the quick release fitting clicks into place when installing the tube. To make sure that the quick release fitting is fully seated, pull on the tube.

NOTE: Apply clean engine oil to the end of the tube or fitting before connecting.

Connect the quick connect fitting.

graphic

If this isn't the fitting you have let me know and we can try again.

Click ACCEPT for the Answer and leave a FEEDBACK, Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

That looks like it may be the quick disconnects on my truck are color coded

Yes, I have seen green tabs, white tabs and yellow tabs, it just seems they can make up their minds, but push in on the tabs and pull on the lines.