Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure
21020025

How to Replace a 2005 Ford Taurus serpentine belt

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford snr master replied 7 years ago.

good evening and thank you for inquiring with JustAnswer. i will gladly assist you with that. since you hadn't states the valve count i am posting the diagrams for both the 12v

SOHC as well as the 24valve DOHC. i will follow with the procedure next

graphic

12 VALVE

graphic

24 VALVE

I hope my assistance helped you and you are satisfied with my suggestion/answer, please leave positive feedback as it will be greatfully apreciated,thank you

Please note, your Deposit doesnt constitute a payment.Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to complete transaction or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated. If you feel the answer was able to save you significant time and money Bonuses are welcome and appreciated.

Accessory Drive Belt - 3.0L (2V)

Removal and Installation

1. Rotate the drive belt tensioner clockwise and remove the drive belt.
  1. graphicTo install, reverse the removal procedure

Accessory Drive Belt - 3.0L (4V)

Removal and Installation

1. Using a commercially available belt tensioner release tool such as OTC 7644 or equivalent, rotate the accessory drive belt tensioner clockwise and remove the accessory drive belt.
good evening, i have not heard back so i was wondering if you were able to replace your serpentine belt with the aid of the diagrams, if you need any further assistance please let me know, if your concern is resolved please click the 'accept answer tab for me to recieve credit for my work. if you are satisfied with my description of work please leave positive feedback to help serve others better. thank you and please don't hesitate to inquire if you have any further questions