Ford Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP
Click here> instrument cluster removal
Depower the supplemental restrain system. How do I do that.
Are most of the electrical connectors the pull apart kind?
Step 9 disconnect the connectors - are those held in by pins or just pull apart?
It is a manual so step 11 does not apply - no column adjustment either.
How long does this ususally take to do? 2 or 3 hours? and are all the bulbs the same?
Hi, in order of asked..
1) Remove the negative battery cable
2) Yes, there will be some little tab to push down on, to pull connectors apart.
3) Those are for headlamp switch, same as above. these will generally be in center of connector. where as cluster one may be on each end.
4) Yes just ignore any un needed steps.
5) I could do in about 20 minutes with a battery operated drill. I would figure 2-3 times as long for someone that has never done it before. All the illumination bulbs will be the same, warning lamp bulbs are different.
If you were to obtain a 7 mm magnetic socket it would be most helpful. You will also need a 8 mm socket for the steel plate under the lower dash trim