Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure
21020025

2003 Ford Explorer XLT: my ac does not blow hard enuff nor cool enuff.

2003 Ford Explorer XLT 2w/d. My ac does not blow hard enuff nor cool enuff. What do I do to fix this issue?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford snr master replied 5 years ago.

good afternoon and thank you for inquiring with JustAnswer, after reading your question i would advise you to purchase a can of refrigerant from your local autoparts store, possibly a 12 Oz or 16Oz can and follow the included instructions for the fill procedure. that should take care of the concern of not blowing cool. But what i would like you to do as well, before you add the freon, is inspect the condensor(the heat exchanger in front of the radiator) and make sure you do not see any oily stains on either sides of it, the explorers were known for condensors failing and that might be the cause why you are low, and if replacement is nessecary then you would want to wait with charging the system untill you are done. As far as not blowing hard enough, it is hard for me to tell what that might be caused by, if it is an actual concern, but the only thing that could cause that is either leaves or debris stuck in the blower motor cage if you park near trees all the time,.. or it could be the blower motor resistor, if it is the resistor then you will notice that one of your fan speed settings is the same as the previous one, meaning there wouldn't be a change in fan speed when you move the selector knob to the next higher speed. if that is the case replace the resistor

I hope my assistance helped you and you are satisfied with my suggestion/answer, please leave positive feedback as it will be greatfully apreciated,thank you

Please note, your Deposit doesnt constitute a payment.Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to complete transaction or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated. If you feel the answer was able to save you significant time and money Bonuses are welcome and appreciated.

Experience: 14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will try and see if it resolves my issues. Thank you ever so much for your time and advice.