lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.

2005 Ford F250: 6.0L..Diesel Engine..air filter code..goes away

2005 Ford F250 Superduty 6.0L Diesel Engine

Just changed air filter after "change air filter" code showed up. How do I reset so that message goes away?

HiCustomerthis is lostrider, go to the air filter minder that is mounted on the front of the air filter intake side and push the red button, this will reset the minder then start the truck and the light should be gone, hope this helps.

Click ACCEPT for the Answer and leave a FEEDBACK, Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have done that already with no results. Does the truck need to be off when I do it? I think I've done it both ways anyway.
Yes the truck needs to be off when you reset the minder, and then turn on the truck, if the light is still on after, then unplug the minder and see if the light goes out, if it does then the minder is bad and needs replaced, if not then there is a wiring concern between the minder and the instrument cluster.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do I need to run the engine with the minder unplugged? Or just unplug it and then plug it back in.
Just unplug it and leave it unpluged, and start the truck and see if the light goes out.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Did whqat you said and it did go out. The code came back as soon as I plugged it back in.
you need to replace the minder assembly, its bad internally.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much. Is it bad to run the vehicle with the minder unplugged until I replace it?
No, it wont hurt a thing, you have already replace the filter .
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks. Will replace it ASAP.
your welcome and thank you.