SuperBob
SuperBob, Ford Senior Master, Mazda Senior
Experience:  18 years Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda Dealer ASE master, diesel certified. Specialize electrical
17143921

How to flash ecm for a 1999 f150 at home

Customer Question

how to flash ecm for a 1999 f150 at home
Category: Ford
Expert:  SuperBob replied 5 years ago.
HelloCustomer to flash is to reprogram, in order to be able to reprogram you must have a ford IDS scan tool and supported software. This software is not released to anybody but dealers. To do a factory reprogram at home is not possible.
Experience: 18 years Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda Dealer ASE master, diesel certified. Specialize electrical
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i was told that you could leave the ignition turn to the on postion for 40 minutes so it can reset the anti theft .

would this work?

p.s we went to dealership they said we would have to bring 2 keys and title to truck

would take one hour to flash

Expert:  SuperBob replied 5 years ago.
Ok, I see you want to have the key programmed, general motors reset for a theft detected proceedure is to turn the key to the run position as you described. If your vehicle has a theft detected from the attempted starting of a non-programmed key. you must use a programmed key and cycle to the run posistion three times consecutively. If that does not work you either have a bad chip in the key or the receiving trasponder that is located at the key cylinder on the steering column has a fault where it cannot read the key chip. At the dealer, they cannot program a new pats key without at least two keys present. Both keys must have good chips otherwise the proceedure will not work. The proceedure to program the keys has a ten minute security access delay. They probably meant it would take an hour before they could work it in and assign it to a technician.