Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure

94 Ford Ranger. I need to replace the fuel tank filler hose.

94 Ford Ranger. I need to replace the fuel tank filler hose. Can this be done without
removing the bed of the truck? It passed smog, but not the evap test, they detected
a small gas leak. If I can do the work, do I need to buy Ford parts. I don't have any
air tools, if those are needed.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford snr master replied 7 years ago.

first off i would definately recomend OEM Ford parts for something like EVAP since the toleranced are very specific. to replace this you do not have to remove the bed, i will list the procedure. please ensure before installing new parts that all mating surfaces are thouroughly cleaned to prevent leaks.

Fuel Tank Filler Pipe, Ranger/Explorer

1. Loosen screw clamp attaching fuel tank to filler pipe hose to fuel tank .
  2. Remove three screws attaching fuel tank filler pipe .
  3. Detach fuel tank filler pipe from fuel tank spud , and remove through frame rail/body side void.

1. Attach fuel tank filler pipe to fuel tank spud and vent spud on Explorer.
  1. Replace three screws attaching the fuel tank filler pipe to body housing. Tighten screws to 3.5 Nm (30 in-lb).Tighten screw clamps attaching fuel tank to filler pipe hose to 3-4 Nm (27-35 in-lb).

If you have any more questions feel free to ask, i think these instructions should guide you through the replacement process and you should be ably to finish this within 2 hours time

i hope my assistance helped you and you are satisfied with my suggestion/answer, please leave positive feedback as it will be greatfully apreciated,thank you

Please note, your Deposit doesnt constitute a payment.Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON to complete transaction or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated. If you feel the answer was able to save you significant time and money Bonuses are welcome and appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't know how to remove the hose from the gas tank. How
do I get my hand, and tool in there to remove screw clamps on the
main gas tank.
you should be able to lay under the vehicle, or on ramps or jackstands if done properly and safely, and reach your hand over the fueltank with a small flathead screwdriver , or they might use a 7mm head ,then use a small 1/4 ratchet with shallow socket.