Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure
21020025

2005 Ford Focus: front turn signal..Sedan..bulbs..the passenger side

How do I replace the front turn signal bulb on my 2005 Ford Focus Sedan? The amber coating on the bulbs has flaked off (probably due to the Florida Heat) Is this a major or minor job? There seems to be enough room on the passenger side to get you hand behind and remove the bulb socket. BUT THE DRIVER SIDE IS ANOTHER STORY. I cannot see any simple way to remove and change the bulb on the drivers side. There just is not enough room to get you hand behind due to some of the engine covers etc. It would seem that there is some trick to solve the problem and due the job. I cannot believe a bulb change on the drivers side would be so difficult. bulbs should be easy to change on the road.... PLEASE ADIVE.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford snr master replied 7 years ago.

it is a very easy procedure and definately not worth paying anybody to replace, just reach in from behind the headlamp and twist the socket/connecter 90 degrees counterclock wise and the bulb and socket will pull right out for you to replace the bulb.

I hope my assistance helped you and you are satisfied with my suggestion/answer, please leave positive feedback as it will be greatfully apreciated,thank you

Please note, your Deposit doesnt constitute a payment.Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON to complete transaction or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated. If you feel the answer was able to save you significant time and money Bonuses are welcome and appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There seems to be enough room on the passenger side to get you hand behind and remove the bulb socket. BUT THE DRIVER SIDE IS ANOTHER STORY. I cannot see any simple way to remove and change the bulb on the drivers side. There just is not enough room to get you hand behind due to some of the engine covers etc. It would seem that there is some trick to solve the problem and due the job. I cannot believe a bulb change on the drivers side would be so difficult. bulbs should be easy to change on the road.... IS THERE SOME SORT OF COVER OR ? THAT I NEED TO REMOVE FOR THE DRIVER SIDE CHANGE? PLEASE ADVISE
you just need to reach your hand in between the left corner and the air filter housing and reach in. of course it is much easier with smaller hands, as i have some trouble but can fairly easily reach it, possibly you might have to ask someone with a little smaller hands to reach in to attempt removing it for you. as far as a trick , there is no trick to removing it mjust a tight fit, persistance will get it out. unless if you want you can try to remove the air filter housing but that is actually much more labor than just reaching in