lostrider
lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.
9493671

F250: turn signals and 4 way flashers dont work

F250 turn signals and 4 way flashers don't work. Flasher?.....and if so where is it located?
Category: Ford
Expert:  lostrider replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Ford?
-What type of engine is in your Ford?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's an 03 with a 5.4 V8....I have checked all the fuse in the fuse box.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I left the web site-but now I'm back --have you replied yet?
Expert:  lostrider replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for the reply, it could be the flasher, multifunction switch and or fuses and the electronic flasher relay, There is a test that can be done to the system to find the concern, you will need a Volt/OHM meter to do the testing, here is the procedure, hope this helps.

Pinpoint Tests

PINPOINT TEST K: THE TURN SIGNAL LAMPS ARE INOPERATIVE
Test StepResult / Action to Take
K1 CHECK THE VOLTAGE TO THE ELECTRONIC FLASHER
  • Disconnect: Electronic Flasher.
  • Ignition ON.
  • Measure the voltage between the electronic flasher connector pin 30, circuit 295 (LB/PK), harness side and ground.
    graphic
  • Is the voltage greater than 10 volts?
Yes
GO to K3

No
GO to K2
K2 CHECK THE CENTRAL JUNCTION BOX (CJB)
  • Ignition OFF.
  • Disconnect: CJB C270a.
  • Ignition ON.
  • Measure the voltage between the CJB C270a pin 21, circuit 295 (LB/PK), component side and ground.
    graphic
  • Is the voltage greater than 10 volts?
Yes
REPAIR circuit 295 (LB/PK). TEST the system for normal operation.

No
INSTALL a new CJB. TEST the system for normal operation.
K3 CHECK CIRCUIT 57 (BK) FOR AN OPEN
  • Ignition OFF.
  • Measure the resistance between the electronic flasher connector pin 86, circuit 57 (BK), harness side and ground.
    graphic
  • Is the resistance less than 5 ohms?
Yes
GO to K4

No
REPAIR the circuit. TEST the system for normal operation.
K4 CHECK CIRCUIT 44 (LB) FOR OPEN OR SHORT TO GROUND
  • Disconnect: Multifunction Switch C202a.
  • Measure the resistance between the multifunction switch C202a pin 2, circuit 44 (LB), harness side and the electronic flasher connector pin 87, circuit 44 (LB), harness side; and between the multifunction switch C202a pin 2, circuit 44 (LB), harness side and ground.
    graphic
  • Is the resistance less than 5 ohms between the multifunction switch and the electronic flasher, and greater than 10,000 ohms between the multifunction switch and ground?
Yes
GO to K5.
No
K5 CHECK CIRCUIT 385 (WH/RD) FOR SHORT TO GROUND
  • Measure the resistance between the multifunction switch C202a pin 3, circuit 385 (WH/RD), harness side and ground.
    graphic
  • Is the resistance greater than 10,000 ohms?
Yes
GO to K6.

No
K6 CHECK THE MULTIFUNCTION SWITCH
  •  

• Is the multifunction switch OK?
Yes
INSTALL a new electronic flasher. TEST the system for normal operation.

No
INSTALL a new multifunction switch. .

Here is the location of the auxiliary relay box #1, the flasher is an electronic flasher, its located in the box under the dash to the right of the steering column, the diagrams are not very clear as to the exact location,

graphic

graphic

lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.