Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

e150 van wont start, new battery, no clicking or cranking

Customer Question

e150 van won't start, new battery, no clicking or cranking, hasn't been tuned in a long time, 130K mi
Category: Ford
Expert:  SuperBob replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer what model year is your van?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
2000, thinking back this has happened once in a while, then it starts, I had thought incorrectly that it was an old weak battery.
Expert:  SuperBob replied 7 years ago.
I am not exactly sure what you are saying, Do you have a good battery in the van right now?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
new today
Expert:  SuperBob replied 7 years ago.
Get down under the truck and locate the small post on the starter solenoid, take off the red plastic clip on protective cap (if still in place) I need for you to use a screwdriver and jump the little post to the larger post that is the farthest from the starter body, the vehicle should crank when you do this, make sure the shifter is in park and the park brake is firmly set before doing this. Let me know what happens when you jump those posts together and we will proceed depending on the results.