Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2004 f150: I reset ny theft system...it..even turn

How can I reset ny theft system on my 2004 f150 .it has completely locked where I can not even turn the igintion key
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

You can not reset your anti theft system because the key will not turn , if the system was active( enabled) the anti-theft light would be flashing and the key would turn. If the key will not turn, then you have an ignition lock issue. If you have to replace the the lock cylinder , you will need to have the the new ignition programed and this has to be done by the dealer.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the anti theft light is still flashing. I was able to turn the iginition switch and after about 10 mins of trying to start it locked

Expert:  Ron replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

Once the light started flashing , it meant the ignition lock (PATS) was not able to read the key and it likely caused by the fact that something has gone wrong with the lock assembly and caused the system to shut down (activate as in theft) .