Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford Lincoln/Mercury and Jaguar dealer as a technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My wrench symbol is on and my check engine light is on

Customer Question

My wrench symbol is on and my check engine light is on. My oil is fine and I'm at 59000 miles.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

What is the year, model and engine size of your Ford vehicle?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is a Ford 150, year is 2005
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ford F150 FX4 2005
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Ok.  You may have a problem with the electronic throttle body. Since the wrench and check engine light came on there will be trouble codes stored in the pcm which will need to be read with a compatible scan tool. You can go to your local parts atore or autozone as they will usually scan your truck at no charge. Once you have the codes let me know so I can assist you with the diagnosis and repair.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm giving the info to my spouse and we are locating a autozone close to him right now.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Ok good. Let me know how you make out.
Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 12 years at a Ford Lincoln/Mercury and Jaguar dealer as a technician and shop foreman.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The codes are: P2106 and P2135.

I am praying that it is the throttle body spacer for a Ford 150 (2004-2008) FX4; 8 cyl. 5.4L, gas, FI, VIN "5" and not the F150 04-08 80mm BBK Throttle Body for the F series 5.4L V8.

Please advise and I will accept. THANK YOU.

Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
For those codes you will need to replace the TPS kit and also reprogram the PCM. You can have this done at the dealer who are theonly ones that will be able to do the programming. The part number for the TPS kit is 3L5Z-9B989-AA.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THANK YOU; I just printed the TSP 05-14-04 instructions and am praying it is covered under the warranty for my vehicle.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How much is a TPS kit (part number 3L5Z-9B989-AA)? My spouse purchased the car in Oct. of 2006 (as is) and the TSP 05-14-4 bulletin was published on 6/30/2005 and my assumption is that is should have been fixed prior to his purchased. Please advise. THANK YOU.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
I am pretty sure the part is about $75.00.