Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

im changing a water pump on a 2002 Ford Ranger 3.0L V6. I have

Customer Question

im changing a water pump on a 2002 Ford Ranger 3.0L V6. I have removed all bolts from water pump but the A/C bracket is in the way. We have taken off all bolts that we see from the A/C bracket, and it still wont come off, and it preventing me from getting the last bolt out to remove the water pump. please help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

The AC bracket does have to come off . There are 2 bolts in step 8 that have to come off, make sure theses are out.

DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS HERE

Expert:  Ron replied 7 years ago.

This picture may help as well

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
we have taken out these bolts and bracket will not come off or move your answer has done me on good there has to be more as the bracket is a solid as when thw bolts were in
Expert:  Ron replied 7 years ago.
Yes you are right, if the bracket is still tight then you are missing a bolt . Step back and have another careful look the instruction have to be followed step by step. I can opt out and see if some one else can assist you.