Scottdagoalie
Scottdagoalie, Senior Master Tech.
Experience:  30 years with Ford dealers
13762030

How do I replace the turn signal flasher on a 2003 Expedition?

Category: Ford
Expert:  Scottdagoalie replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What is the problem with your turn signals?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
The turn signal flasher relay is located in the auxilary relay box #3. Auxiliary relay box 3
Behind dash panel, LH side .
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Both the left and right signals flash 2 or three times and then quit. The bulbs are all OK. The hazards flash OK.

I purchased a flasher relay from the Ford dealer (5C3Z-13350-AA: Relay).

I didn't find a turn signal flasher relay specifically identified in the owners' manual.

I also checked the engineering numbers on the relays on the fuse panel located on the passenger side kick panel(?)and none were found to match.
The relay box is a seperate box from the fuse box and it is located under the dash on the left side.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I removed the lower panel on the driver-side, but didn't see a relay box. Is it behind the headlight switch? Do I have to disassemble the dash, gauges, etc?
I wish the service manual was more descriptive,but that is all I have for information.I suggest that you activate the turn signals or flasher to listen for the relay clicking to help locate it.