fix that car
fix that car, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ten years working on ford cars and trucks

2000 lincoln ls cruise control does not work

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

can you explain what the cruise system is doing or not doing?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It will not do anything. It is steering wheel mounted and will not turn on at all. All of the other steering wheel functions are working properly (horn, stereo

controls, etc..)

ok, here is the testing procedure for this issue. you will need a high end scan tool to complete this test. the late model fords all require a NGS or wwt scan tool to perform the tests required to repair electronic problems such as this.

hope this helps

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Is this tool only available at the Ford Dealership or are there other mechanic that can do this?

most quality repair shop should have one of the required scan tools, they have been required to diagnois fords since at least 1999 maybe 1998. your ford dealer will also have one.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

If I could ask one more question, if not I will still accept with a positive response, for your answers. I think I need to have a ball joint on the car replaced. (I just bought it used and it is making a noise when I hit bumps on the front right side.) Will that be an expensive procedure?

here is the time from the labor guide for replacing the controll arm, (the ball joint is serviced by removing the controll arm) The ball jpint is a dealer only part and the local dealer in my area is closed right now, if you like I will call them and and get the price for you. the hourly labor rate will vary depend on what part of the country you live in.

hope this helps you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you..I will call my local to get a quote. I guess it based upon the # XXXXX hours it is going to cost 750 to 1k..

thanks for using J.A. good night