Chuck
Chuck, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  33 Years Experience,Ford Senior Master,ASE Master,L1 Advanced Engine Performance
17659378

how do i remove the rear brake drum on a 2005 f150 to get to

how do i remove the rear brake drum on a 2005 f150 to get to the studs
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chuck replied 5 years ago.
You have rear disc on this model don't you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, my fault, I wrote the wrong thing.
Expert:  Chuck replied 5 years ago.

Remove the 2 brake caliper guide pin bolts and position the caliper assembly aside.

If the brake disc binds on the parking brake shoe and lining, remove the adjustment plug and contract the parking brake shoe and lining.

Remove the disc.

Now you should be able to postion it to where you can knock out the old stud and get it past the park brake shoes. If so then postion the new stud in the hole and and turn one of the lug nuts around backwards and tighten it until it pulls it into the hole.

If you can not get it out this way then you will have to remove the rear end housing cover and remove the c clip and axle.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Is the adjustment plug the one right behind the dust shield, and if so how do I remove it?

Expert:  Chuck replied 5 years ago.

Here is a pic of the rear parking brake set up so you have an idea of what you are looking at.

graphic

ItemPart NumberDescription
1 W611633 Parking brake cable bracket bolt (RH)
2 2A635 Rear parking brake cable (RH)
3 57632 Parking brake cable differential bracket bolt (RH)
4 2251 Parking brake cable differential bracket
5 W710010 Double cable clamp
6 2A809 Parking brake cable (LH)
7 - Parking brake cable bracket bolt (LH)
8 2530 Parking brake cable bracket (LH)
9 - Parking brake shoe return spring (part of 2B690)
10 - Parking brake shoe adjuster spring (part of 2B690)
11 2046 Parking brake shoe adjuster
12 - Parking brake shoe retainer spring clips (part of 2B690) (2 required)
13 - Parking brake shoe retainer pin (part of 2B690) (2 required)
14 2A753 Parking brake shoe kit
15 2W596 LH/ 2W597 RH Actuator lever kit

See no. 11 in the pic,this is the adjuster. The plug will be on the back side of the star shapped wheel on the adjuster in the pic.Just look on the back side in this area and you should see the rubber plug. Just take a screw driver and pop it out.

Chuck, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 33 Years Experience,Ford Senior Master,ASE Master,L1 Advanced Engine Performance