Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist

2000 Ford Windstar: van..Transmission fluid leak is..radiator..seal

2000 Ford Windstar van with 110,000 miles. Transmission fluid leak is near the radiator, or it follows tubing to that area and leak shows up at that location under van. Is it a seal problem where the fluid migrates to that spot or a poor tubing connection throught the radiator. Fixable for a reasonable rate or not? Thanks.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

I have seen the cooler line crack near the radiator fitting and I have seen the fitting itself leak also.The area around the leak will need to be cleaned and carefully inspected to determine the leak source.If it needs the lines replaced then the repair runs around $350. If the fitting is leaking then the radiator will need to be replaced which usually runs about $450.